CADRE convened Showcasing Exemplary Practices: The Fifth National Symposium on Dispute Resolution in Special Education, on October 26-28th, 2011 in beautiful Eugene, Oregon. Symposium invitees included State dispute resolution coordinators, directors of special education, dispute resolution practitioners, parent advocates, attorneys, educators, service providers, parents and others.
- Symposium Materials
Videos from the Symposium
Photos from the Symposium
- Session Details
- Program Agenda
Conference Location & Lodging
Comments About Past CADRE Symposia
Bernie Mayer, Professor, Werner Institute for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Creighton University
Michelle LeBaron, Professor of Law & Director of Dispute Resolution, University of British Columbia
Alexa Posny, Assistant Secretary for Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, U.S. Department of Education
Melody Musgrove, Director, Office of Special Education Programs, U.S. Department of Education
- Receive information, resources and guidance that illuminate and promote exemplary approaches to the design, implementation and improvement of dispute resolution systems.
- Acquire essential conflict management skills and knowledge critical to the effective resolution of special education and early intervention disputes.
- Explore innovative strategies related to early conflict management and effective implementation practices associated with the mandated procedures.
- Receive the latest information on research in the field of dispute resolution in special education and early intervention.
- Enhance communities of practice and connect state and local dispute resolution coordinators, practitioners, educators and parent leaders as well as nationally renowned experts in the field.
Philip Moses, Symposium Chair