State Performance Reports:
- APR/SPP Submission Materials
- Summaries of State Data
- Resources for Improving State Dispute Resolution Systems
APR/SPP Submission Resources
State programs under Part B & Part C of IDEA '04 are required to submit an Annual Performance Report (APR) on their State Performance Plan (SPP) progress. CADRE has assembled resources to assist states with the four dispute resolution indicators addressed in the SPP/APRs.
- CADRE Resources include a Data Drill Tool (updated for 2011-12) for Table 7 (Part B) and other materials to support Part B & Part C APR/SPP submission: www.directionservice.org/cadre/datasubmission.cfm
- The Office of Special Education Programs, US Department of Education maintains a resource page for all Part B and Part C IDEA SPP/APR reporting requirements. To access these pages:
- The Regional Resource and Federal Centers (RRFC) program maintains additional resources on the SPP and APR. Guidance related materials available at: www.rrfcnetwork.org/content/view/248/358/. The SPP/APR calendar was designed to assist States with the preparation and timely completion of the State Performance Plan and Annual Performance Report: http://spp-apr-calendar.rrfcnetwork.org
Dispute Resolution APR Dispute Resolution Data Summaries -
- Six year national summaries of Part B (Table 7) and Part C (Table 4) dispute resolution data submitted by states/entities are available at: www.directionservice.org/cadre/statecomprpts.cfm
Seven year Individual state/entity summaries of Part B (Table 7) dispute resolution data, showing state numbers reported and event rates per 10,000 special education childcount: www.directionservice.org/cadre/aprsppb.cfm
Summary and Analysis Reports of State APR/SPP Indicators:
- Extracted summary and analysis of Dispute Resolution indicators for Part B and Part C (chapters prepared by CADRE): http://www.directionservice.org/cadre/SPPAPR2010DRindicatoranalyses.cfm
- Full APR/SPP Indicator Summary and Analysis documents (chapters on each APR/SPP indicator, including CADRE Chapters on dispute resolution indicators extracted above): www.directionservice.org/cadre/indicatorsummaries.cfm
- Looking in the Rearview Mirror: Seven Years of Dispute Resolution Data, was a CADRE webinar presented on December 8, 2011, by Senior Policy Analyst, Dick Zeller. National dispute resolution data reported by states (APR and Section 618 reporting) were reviewed and observations made regarding trends in dispute resolution use. A webinar recording and copy of the PowerPoint slides used are available.
- CADRE sponsored a webinar May 18, 2011, on Using Data to Improve Dispute Resolution System Performance. The webinar featured presentations by Dick Zeller (CADRE), Andy Eulass (Illinois) and Pamela McPartland (Washington State). The content focus was on tracking Resolution Meeting process events, timelines and resolution outcomes. A brief summary of the webinar, downloadable materials and a summary of participant feedback, are available.
- Q and A: Questions and Answers On Procedural Safeguards and Due Process Procedures For Parents and Children With Disabilities This is one of a series of question and answer (Q&A) documents prepared by OSERS to address some of the most important issues raised by requests for clarification on a variety of high-interest topics.
- At A Glance: OSEP-Funded Technical Assistance Resources Related to Procedural Safeguards is a document that provides information on resources that can assist states with improving their performance on the dispute resolution indicators reported in the SPP/APR.
- CADRE State Improvement Resources: CADRE has developed a state diagnostic and improvement planning process called "DR SIPE." For more information on this process and related TA, click on the link or contact CADRE.