State Performance Reports:
- APR/SPP Submission Materials
- State Dispute Resolution Data Summaries
- Resources for Improving State Dispute Resolution Systems
APR/SPP Submission Resources
Under Parts B and C of the IDEA, states are required to submit an Annual Performance Report (APR) on their State Performance Plan (SPP) progress. CADRE has assembled resources to assist states with the dispute resolution indicators addressed in the SPP/APRs.
- CADRE Resources include a Data Drill Tool (updated for 2011-12) for Table 7 (Part B) and other materials to support Part B & Part C APR/SPP submissions: www.directionservice.org/cadre/datasubmission.cfm
- The US Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs maintains a resource page for Part B and Part C IDEA SPP/APR reporting requirements. To access these pages:
- The Regional Resource Center Program (RRCP) offers states additional resources and assistance with SPPs and APRs.
- Dispute Resolution Data Summaries - Individual state/entity summaries of Part B dispute resolution data, showing total numbers reported and event rates per 10,000 special education childcount: www.directionservice.org/cadre/aprsppb.cfm
- Dispute Resolution Data Element Crosswalk: For Part B (Table 7) and Part C (Table 4) - www.directionservice.org/cadre/statecomprpts.cfm
- State APR/SPP Indicators - The most recent APR/SPP Indicator Summary and Analysis documents are available here: www.directionservice.org/cadre/indicatorsummaries.cfm
- OSEP Q&A on Dispute Resolution Procedures was issued in July 2013 and includes information to facilitate appropriate implementation of the IDEA dispute resolution procedures.
- Looking in the Rearview Mirror: Seven Years of Dispute Resolution Data. This December 8, 2011 webinar by CADRE Senior Policy Analyst Dick Zeller included a review of dispute resolution data reported by states (APR and Section 618 reporting) and trends in dispute resolution use. A webinar recording and PowerPoint slides are available.
- Using Data to Improve Dispute Resolution System Performance. This May 18, 2011 webinar featured presentations by Dick Zeller (CADRE), Andy Eulass (IL), and Pamela McPartland (WA) on tracking Resolution Meeting process events, timelines and resolution outcomes. A brief summary of the webinar, downloadable materials, and a summary of participant feedback are available.
- At A Glance: OSEP-Funded Technical Assistance Resources Related to Procedural Safeguards is a document that provides information on resources that can assist states with improving their performance on the dispute resolution indicators reported in the SPP/APR.
- CADRE State Improvement Resources: CADRE has developed a state diagnostic and improvement planning process called "DR SIPE." For more information on this process and related TA, click on the link or contact CADRE.